In this issue:
- Upcoming Lane Closures and Detours
- Construction Underway and Upcoming
- HAWK Signalized Crosswalk
- Temporary bus stop locations
- Project Overview and Schedule
Upcoming Lane Closures and Detours
On Monday and Tuesday of next week (11/20 – 11/21) crews will be working in the intersection of Piner Road and Fulton Road. This work will be performed during normal working hours. While this work is underway the traffic signal will be set to flashing red and flaggers will be present to direct traffic through the intersection. The intersection will be closed to westbound traffic on Piner Road, motorists traveling along this route will be detoured to Willowside Road (see graphic below for additional information). Eastbound traffic will be diverted south onto Fulton Road. Emergency vehicles will be permitted through the work zone if needed. Outside of normal working hours, the intersection will be reopened to traffic on Piner Road. When traveling through the area please proceed with caution and be aware of construction signage and flaggers.
Upon completion of the paving later in the year, crews will perform a final assessment of the new pavement to detect any uneven portions of the road surface. Any ridges, indentations, or other defects requiring attention will be addressed with a diamond-grinding method used to smooth out the pavement surface.
Construction Underway and Upcoming
When traveling in and near the construction areas, be cautious and aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control, rough roadways, special signage, and heavy equipment. Please be prepared for temporary traffic control measures throughout the work area. Upcoming construction work will include:
- Additional grinding and crack repair work is anticipated to start next week, taking place throughout the project site
- Continuation of grinding and paving at the Fulton Road and Guerneville Road intersection
- Continuation of median work
- Continuation of installation of irrigation main and laterals
- Demolishing and replacing certain sections of the road pavement
All schedules are subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances. Be sure to visit www.FultonRoadProject.com for up-to-date information.
- A HAWK Signalized Crosswalk has been installed between Piner High School and Youth Community Park on Fulton Road, which stops vehicle traffic only when activated by a pedestrian. This is the third HAWK beacon crossing installed within the city limits. For more information on HAWK signalized crosswalks, please visit the city website.
- The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Quail Hollow Drive has been temporarily relocated to the eastbound lane of Piner Road, near the Fulton Road and Piner Road intersection. The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Guerneville Road has been temporarily relocated just south of the Guerneville Road intersection. For general bus service information, please visit Santa Rosa CityBus.
- The new southbound bus stop in front of the Raley’s shopping is now active and available for use by the public.
Project Overview and Schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project started in June 2022 and is expected to last for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. Monday thru Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 P.M. to 5:00 A.M.) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.
For information about the Fulton Road Improvements Project and ensure you are getting up-to-date project information, visit the Project web page at www.FultonRoadProject.com. Please share this information with your neighbors.
If you have questions or concerns about this project, send an email to info@FultonRoadProject.com or call the project information line at (707) 385-1239.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!