In this issue:
- Location and Impacts of Paving Operations
- HAWK Signalized Crosswalk
- Construction Underway and Upcoming
- Temporary bus stop locations
- Project Overview and Schedule
Location and Impacts of Paving Operations
Crews have completed paving operations along Fulton Road. The northbound and southbound center lanes between Piner Road and Wishing Well Lane remain closed while median work is underway. Additionally, both southbound lanes between Wishing Well Lane and Guerneville Road remain closed for the next 1-2 weeks while crews complete electrical work at the intersection of Fulton Road and Guerneville Road. Motorists should be aware of the southbound lane shift still in effect at Wishing Well Lane while this work is underway and proceed with caution while traveling through the area.
Upon completion of the paving later in the year, crews will perform a final assessment of the new pavement to detect any uneven portions of the road surface. Any ridges, indentations, or other defects requiring attention will be addressed with a diamond-grinding method used to smooth out the pavement surface.
HAWK Signalized Crosswalk
As part of the Fulton Road Widening Project, the city has installed a HAWK Signalized Crosswalk between Piner High School and Youth Community Park on Fulton Road. The purpose of a HAWK beacon is to provide protected pedestrian crossings by stopping vehicle traffic only when activated by a pedestrian. The crosswalk signal remains dark until activated by a pedestrian, triggering the warning alternating flashing yellow lights, then solid yellow to inform drivers to prepare to stop. Once the solid red-light changes to alternating flashing red lights, a vehicle may proceed after stopping once the crosswalk is clear. This is the third HAWK beacon crossing installed within the city limits. For more information on HAWK signalized crosswalks, please visit the city website at https://www.srcity.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2279
Construction Underway and Upcoming
When traveling in and near the construction areas, be cautious and aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control, rough roadways, special signage, and heavy equipment. Please be prepared for temporary traffic control measures throughout the work area. Upcoming construction work will include continuation of:
- Installation of new streetlight posts, traffic signals, and other electrical work.
- Asphalt grinding in preparation for repaving.
- Begin work on the road median
- Installation of new irrigation systems
- Construction of new driveways at several locations.
- Preparation of the subgrade, and forming and pouring new curbs, gutters, and sidewalks at various locations.
- Installation of “low-impact development” environmental features such as bioswales (linear, vegetated ditches accommodating the collection, conveyance, filtration, and infiltration of stormwater) in various locations.
All schedules are subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances. Be sure to visit www.FultonRoadProject.com for up-to-date information.
- The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Quail Hollow Drive has been temporarily relocated to the eastbound lane of Piner Road, near the Fulton Road and Piner Road intersection. The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Guerneville Road has been temporarily relocated just south of the Guerneville Road intersection. For general bus service information, please visit Santa Rosa CityBus.
Project Overview and Schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to last for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. Monday thru Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 P.M. to 5:00 A.M.) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.
For information about the Fulton Road Improvements Project and ensure you are getting up-to-date project information, visit the Project web page at www.FultonRoadProject.com. Please share this information with your neighbors.
If you have questions or concerns about this project, send an email to info@FultonRoadProject.com or call the project information line at (707) 385-1239.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!