In this issue:
- Location and Impacts of Paving Operations
- Sidewalk and Bike Lane Closures
- Construction Underway and Upcoming
- Youth Community Park Summer Camp
- Temporary bus stop locations
- Project Overview and Schedule
Location and Impacts of Paving Operations
Beginning July 26 and lasting approximately 10-14 days, crews will begin repaving portions of Fulton Road near Quail Hollow Drive. As a result, Quail Hollow Drive will be closed at the Fulton Road intersection. Motorists trying to access Quail Hollow Drive will be detoured via Piner Road and Pinercrest Drive.
For the next 1-2 weeks, Appletree Lane is closed at the Fulton Road intersection. Motorists trying to access Appletree Lane will be detoured via Guerneville Road to Pinercrest Drive. Please use caution when traveling through the area and follow all construction signs and directions.
Steel plates have been placed at both intersections to allow for emergency vehicle access only. The general public must use the detours while these roads are closed.
During the weekend of August 11-13, portions of the intersection at Piner and Fulton roads will be closed for repaving. Be aware that the eastbound and westbound lanes of Piner Road, west of Fulton Road, will be closed at Fulton Road, although the north and southbound lanes of Fulton Road will always remain open. Work will take place through this weekend beginning at 7 P.M., including at night. Motorists traveling along this route will be detoured to other roads (See image below for more information on detour routes). Work schedules are subject to change so please be sure to visit the project website at www.FultonRoadProject.com for the most up-to-date information.
Residents living near the work area may face delays when trying to access Fulton Road or be redirected to alternate routes. Once underway, flaggers will be present to direct traffic when necessary.
Conditions August 11-13 lane closures and detour at the intersection of Piner and Fulton Roads
Upon completion of the RCC paving later in the year, crews will perform a final assessment of the new pavement to detect any uneven portions of the road surface. Any ridges, indentations, or other defects requiring attention will be addressed with a diamond-griding method used to smooth out the pavement surface.
Sidewalk and Bike Lane Closure
The sidewalk and bike lane on the east side of Fulton Road between Piner Road and Piner High School is currently closed to pedestrians and cyclists. Pedestrians/cyclists in the Quail Hollow neighborhood that wish to access Fulton Road will need to use Pinercrest Drive to Piner Road, and use the sidewalk on the west side of Fulton Road. The sidewalk is expected to be reopened in the next 1-2 weeks.
Construction Underway and Upcoming
When traveling in and near the construction areas, be cautious and aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control, rough roadways, special signage, and heavy equipment. Please be prepared for temporary traffic control measures throughout the work area. Upcoming construction work will include continuation of:
- Repaving of the intersection at Piner Road and Fulton Road
- Installation of new streetlight posts, traffic signals, and other electrical work.
- Asphalt grinding in preparation for repaving.
- Begin work on the road median
- Installation of new irrigation systems
- Construction of new driveways at several locations.
- Preparation of the subgrade, and forming and pouring new curbs, gutters, and sidewalks at various locations.
- Installation of “low-impact development” environmental features such as bioswales (linear, vegetated ditches accommodating the collection, conveyance, filtration, and infiltration of stormwater) in various locations.
All schedules are subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances. Be sure to visit www.FultonRoadProject.com for up-to-date information.
- Youth Community Park will host a summer camp starting June 12 and ending August 11. Motorists entering and exiting the Youth Community Park parking lot should expect delays Monday thru Friday around the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.
- The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Quail Hollow Drive has been temporarily relocated to the eastbound lane of Piner Road, near the Fulton Road and Piner Road intersection. The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Guerneville Road has been temporarily relocated just south of the Guerneville Road intersection. For general bus service information please visit Santa Rosa CityBus.
Project Overview and Schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to last for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 am to 7 pm Monday thru Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 pm to 5:00 am) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.