In this issue:
- Upcoming Traffic Control Measures
- Construction Underway and Upcoming
- Reminders: Forestview Creek Path and Piner High School bus stop
Upcoming Traffic Control Measures
Crews are tentatively scheduled to begin installing “roller-compacted concrete” (RCC) on Fulton Road in March. During that period of work, additional traffic control measures will be put into place, with potentially significant temporary traffic delays anticipated. The schedule for this work is dependent on weather – more information will be provided in the coming weeks.
Construction Underway and Upcoming
When traveling in and near the construction areas, use additional caution and be aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control, rough roadways, special signage, and heavy equipment. Please be prepared for temporary traffic control measures throughout the work area. Upcoming construction work will include the following:
- Installation of “low-impact development” environmental features such as bioswales (linear, vegetated ditches accommodating the collection, conveyance, filtration, and infiltration of stormwater) in various locations.
- Construction of new driveways at several locations.
- Delivery and installation of new streetlight posts, installation of traffic signals, and other electrical work.
- Continued preparation of the subgrade, and forming and pouring new curbs, gutters, and sidewalks at various locations.
All schedules are subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances.
- As of August 2022, the Forestview Creek path is closed 24/7 from Fulton Road to Country Manor Drive, for the construction of a retaining wall and other concrete work near the creek.
State environmental regulations limit the seasonal periods during which work near the creek is permitted, for the protection of the creek and habitat. Based on those regulations, work is currently not allowed at the creek; however, the path remains closed for public safety due to existing excavation and materials. Work will resume when the seasonal “window” reopens, in late spring of 2023. Path users may want to consider using the Peterson Creek path between Guerneville Road and Fulton Road.
- Piner High School bus stop – The northbound temporary bus stop has been relocated back to a location near the original bus stop location, just south of the main Piner High School entrance. Work is still underway on the new bus stop at this location with an estimated reopening this winter. For general bus service information please visit Rosa CityBus.
Project overview and schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to continue for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 pm to 5:00 am) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.