In this issue:
- Saturday work
- Ongoing traffic control – Piner Road/Fulton Road
- Construction underway and upcoming
- Forestview Creek Path closure update
- Reminders: Forestview Creek path; Piner High School bus stop
Work is likely to occur this Saturday (November 5) at various locations on Fulton Road, pending city approval. Expect traffic delays in the impacted areas when traffic control measures are in place. Motorists should consider taking alternate routes when possible.
Ongoing traffic control – Piner Road/Fulton Road
Traffic control measures currently in place at the Fulton Road/Piner Road intersection are now expected to continue through today (Friday November 4) due to weather delays (additional rain may cause further delays). On these days the traffic signal will be turned to flashing red between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Please be prepared for traffic delays at the intersection, as a new 42″ storm drain pipeline is installed.
Construction underway and upcoming
NOTES: All schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances; when traveling in and near the construction areas, use additional caution and be aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control and special signage, and heavy equipment.
- Jenes Lane to the north access to Piner High School
- Northbound: installation of the sidewalk is currently underway. Installation of the new sidewalk in front of Piner High School is nearly complete and is expected to be accessible to pedestrians within a week. Installation of the new bus stop is currently underway. Please be aware of traffic impacts at the south entrance to Piner High School due to storm drain and utility work.
- Southbound: the sidewalk in front of Youth Community Park is expected to be accessible to pedestrians by mid-November. Installation of the new bus stop is currently underway.
- Wishing Well Way to Jenes Lane
- Northbound: Installation of light pole foundations is continuing through November.
- Southbound: underground work is continuing this week with the installation of storm drains.
- Quail Hollow Drive to Piner Road
- Southbound: installation of underground storm drains is currently underway and expected to continue through November.
- Appletree Drive to Wishing Well Lane
- Southbound: underground work, sidewalk removal / re-configuration, and retaining wall construction are underway.
Forestview Creek Path Closure Update
As of early August, the Forestview Creek path is closed 24/7 from Fulton Road to Country Manor Drive, for the construction of a retaining wall and other concrete work near the creek.
For the protection of the creek and habitat, State environmental regulations establish the seasonal periods during which concrete work can take place in or near a creek (including the potential for rain). Crews have been working to complete those elements before the end of the allowed period, however it is now very likely that work at the creek will be suspended until that “window” opens again in late spring of 2023.
Therefore, the Forestview Creek path is likely to remain closed to public use until late spring/early summer of 2023. An update will be provided once the anticipated schedule is finalized. We apologize for any disruption or inconvenience that this extension of the path closure may cause. As an alternative, path users may want to consider using the Peterson Creek path between Guerneville Road and Fulton Road.
- Piner High School bus stop – as of early July, the northbound bus stop at Piner High School is temporarily relocated to just north of the school’s main entrance. Work is underway on the new bus stop at the original location with an estimated reopening this fall. For general bus service information please visit Santa Rosa CityBus.
Project overview and schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to continue for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 pm to 5:00 am) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.