In this issue:
- Upcoming Saturday work
- Heads up: upcoming traffic control – Piner Road & Fulton Road
- Construction underway and upcoming
- Reminders: Forestview Creek path; Piner High School bus stop
Upcoming Saturday work
Work is tentatively scheduled for consecutive Saturdays for approximately the next two to three weeks at various locations on Fulton Road. Traffic delays are likely to occur in the impacted areas when traffic control measures are in place. Motorists should consider taking alternate routes when possible.
Heads up: upcoming traffic control – Piner Road/Fulton Road
Traffic control measures are tentatively scheduled to be in place at the Fulton Road/Piner Road intersection in mid to late October, to accommodate construction work in the roadway. Once underway, this work is anticipated to last for up to 3-4 days. During that time, there will be traffic delays at the intersection.
We will provide an update on the schedule for this work as soon as more definite information is available.
Construction underway and upcoming
NOTES: All schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances; when traveling in and near the construction areas, use additional caution and be aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control and special signage, and heavy equipment.
- Jenes Lane to the north access to Piner High School
- Northbound: installation of the sidewalk is currently underway. The sidewalk in front of Piner High School is expected to be accessible to pedestrians by late October. Installation of the new bus stop is currently underway. Underground and surface work including installation of box culverts and pipeline is underway, and continuing through October. Please be aware of traffic impacts at the south entrance to Piner High School due to storm drain and utility work.
- Southbound: the sidewalk in front of Youth Community Park is expected to be accessible to pedestrians by mid to late October. Installation of the new bus stop is currently underway.
- Wishing Well Way to Jenes Lane
- Northbound: Installation of light pole foundations and concrete work including sidewalks and curbs are underway, continuing through October.
- Southbound: underground work started this week with the installation of storm drains.
- Quail Hollow Drive to Piner Road
- Southbound: installation of underground storm drains is currently underway and expected to continue through October.
- Appletree Drive to Wishing Well Lane
- Southbound: underground work and retaining wall construction are underway.
Forestview Creek path – as of early August, the Forestview Creek path is closed 24/7 from Fulton Road to Country Manor Drive, for the construction of a retaining wall, with the reopening anticipated in early November. We apologize for any inconvenience to those who use this path. As an alternative, path users may want to consider using the Peterson Creek path between Guerneville Road and Fulton Road.
Piner High School bus stop – as of early July, the northbound bus stop at Piner High School is temporarily relocated to just north of the school’s main entrance. Work is underway on the new bus stop at the original location with an estimated reopening by the end of October. For general bus service information please visit Santa Rosa CityBus.
Project overview and schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to continue for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 pm to 5:00 am) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.