In this issue:
- Saturday work starts tomorrow
- Heads up: upcoming traffic control – Piner Road & Fulton Road
- Construction underway and upcoming
- Reminders: Forestview Creek path; Piner High School bus stop
Saturday work starts tomorrow
Starting tomorrow, Saturday, September 10, crews will be working on Fulton Road between Piner High School and Appletree Drive. Both lanes of traffic will be impacted to accommodate ongoing construction. Traffic control measures will be in place from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please note that work is also tentatively scheduled for consecutive Saturdays for approximately the next four-to-six weeks. Please be advised that traffic delays are likely to occur in the impacted areas when traffic control measures are in place. Motorists should consider taking alternate routes when possible.
Heads up: upcoming traffic control – Piner Road/Fulton Road
Traffic control measures are tentatively scheduled to be in place at the Fulton Road/Piner Road intersections within the next 2-3 weeks, to accommodate construction work in the roadway. Once underway, this work is anticipated to last for up to 3-4 days. During that time, there will be traffic delays at the intersection.
We will provide an update on the schedule for this work as soon as more definite information is available.
Construction underway and upcoming
NOTES: All schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances; when traveling in and near the construction areas, use additional caution and be aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control and special signage, and heavy equipment.
- Jenes Lane to the north access to Piner High School
- Northbound: underground and surface work including installation of box culverts and pipeline is underway, continuing through September. Please be aware of traffic impacts at the south entrance to Piner High School due to storm drain and utility work.
- Southbound: Installation of piles/retaining walls is underway, continuing through September.
- Wishing Well Way to Jenes Lane
- Northbound: subgrade work including installation of fire hydrant lateral lines is underway, continuing through September. Installation of light pole foundations and concrete work including sidewalks and curbs are underway, continuing through mid-September.
- Quail Hollow Drive to Piner Road
- Southbound: installation of underground storm drains is currently underway and expected to continue through the end of September.
- Appletree Drive to Wishing Well Lane
- Southbound: underground work and retaining wall construction are underway, continuing through September.
Project overview and schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to continue for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 pm to 5:00 am) or weekends may take place.