In this issue:
- Construction underway and upcoming
- Reminders: Forestview Creek path; Piner High School bus stop
- Project overview and schedule
Construction underway and upcoming
NOTES: All schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances; when traveling in and near the construction areas, use additional caution and be aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control and special signage, and heavy equipment.
- Jenes Lane to the north access to Piner High School
- Northbound: underground and surface work including installation of box culverts and pipeline is underway, continuing through September. Please be aware of traffic impacts at the south entrance to Piner High School due to storm drain and utility work.
- Southbound: installation of piles/retaining walls is underway, continuing through September.
- Wishing Well Way to Jenes Lane
- Northbound: subgrade work including installation of fire hydrant lateral lines is underway, continuing through August. Installation of light pole foundations, plus concrete work including sidewalks and curbs, is scheduled to begin next week, continuing through mid-September.
- Quail Hollow Drive to Piner Road
- Southbound: demolition work is underway, continuing through August. Underground work is underway, continuing at various locations into November.
- Appletree Drive to Wishing Well Lane
- Southbound: underground work and retaining wall construction are underway, continuing through September
- All areas: construction fence installation and potholing (small excavations in the roadway to identify utility locations) is continuing.
- Forestview Creek path – as of early August, the Forestview Creek path is closed 24/7 from Fulton Road to Country Manor Drive, for construction of a retaining wall, and continuing for an estimated two months. We apologize for any inconvenience to those who use this path. As an alternative, path users may want to consider using the Peterson Creek path between Guerneville Road and Fulton Road.
- Piner High School bus stop – as of early July, the northbound bus stop at Piner High School is temporarily relocated to just north of the school’s main entrance, for an estimated six-to-eight weeks. For general bus service information please visit Santa Rosa CityBus
Project overview and schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to continue for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 pm to 5:00 am) or weekends may take place.