In this issue:
- Forestview Creek path temporarily closed
- Upcoming construction
- Reminder: Piner High School bus stop
- Project overview and schedule
Forestview Creek path temporarily closed
- As of August 9, the Forestview Creek path is temporarily closed from Fulton Road to Country Manor Drive. This closure is necessary to accommodate excavation and construction of a retaining wall to protect Forestview Creek near Fulton Road. The temporary closure is anticipated to continue for two months, during which that section of the path will be closed 24/7. We apologize for any inconvenience to those who use this path. As an alternative during this period, path users may want to consider using the Peterson Creek path between Guerneville Road and Fulton Road.
When traveling in and near the construction areas, it is very important to use additional caution and be aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control and special signage, and heavy equipment.
NOTE: all schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances
- Jenes Lane to the north access to Piner High School
- Northbound: sidewalk construction, and underground and surface work are underway, continuing through August.
- Southbound: underground and surface work continuing into September.
- Wishing Well Way to Jenes Lane
- Northbound: subgrade work and sidewalk construction are underway. Other underground and surface work anticipated to take place through August.
- Southbound: underground work and curb construction anticipated to begin in mid-August
- North Piner High School access to Quail Hollow Drive.
- Northbound: demolition and underground work are underway, continuing through August, including curb and sidewalk work.
- Quail Hollow Drive to Piner Road
- Northbound: demolition and underground/surface work are underway, continuing through August, including curb, sidewalk, and driveway work.
- Southbound: underground work is underway, continuing through October
- Appletree Drive to Wishing Well Lane
- Northbound: underground and surface underway, continuing through August.
- Southbound: underground work and retaining wall construction are underway, continuing through September.
- Guerneville Road to Appletree Drive
- Northbound: underground and surface work are underway, continuing through October.
- All areas: construction fence installation and potholing (small excavations in the roadway to identify utility locations) is continuing.
Reminder: Piner High School bus stop
- As of early July, the northbound bus stop at Piner High School has been temporarily taken out of service, for an estimated six-to-eight weeks. A new, temporary bus stop has been installed just north of the main entrance to Piner High School. Once certain work elements at the old bus stop location are completed, the bus stop will be relocated back to its former spot. For general bus service information please visit Santa Rosa CityBus.
Project overview and schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project is expected to continue for approximately 18 – 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 pm to 5:00 am) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.