In this issue:
- Construction Underway and Upcoming
- A Note to Residents Impacted by the Fulton Road Improvement Project
- Construction Photos
- HAWK Signalized Crosswalk
- Temporary Bus Stop Locations
- Project Overview and Schedule
Construction Underway and Upcoming[updated!] Work on repairing the road surface of the two inner lanes is ongoing, with operations currently taking place near Piner High School. The contractor is anticipated to finish repairs on these lanes within the next 2-3 weeks, after which focus will shift to the outer lanes. During this transition, traffic will be shifted to the interior lanes. More specific information on the lane changes will be provided in the upcoming weeks as the work progresses.
When traveling in and near the construction areas, be cautious and aware of work crews, flaggers, traffic control, rough roadways, special signage, and heavy equipment. Please be prepared for temporary traffic control measures throughout the work area. Upcoming construction work will include:
- Pavement repair work is currently underway and taking place throughout the project site
- Continuation of median work
- Installation of bus shelters and benches
- Continuing installation of irrigation main and laterals
- Demolishing and replacing certain sections of the road pavement
All schedules are subject to change due to weather and unforeseen circumstances. Be sure to visit www.FultonRoadProject.com for up-to-date information.
A Note to Residents Impacted by the Fulton Road Improvement Project
As construction along Fulton Road continues, we wanted to say thank you for your exceptional patience and understanding. We know that a significant, long-term infrastructure project like this is challenging for those who are directly impacted, and we truly appreciate your cooperation.
We are still within the project’s original 24-month timeline, and as we move down this final stretch we want to reiterate to you our commitment to the community and assure you that we are working to complete the project as efficiently as possible. This includes ensuring the materials and workmanship are of the highest quality, and that we are effectively communicating with you on a regular basis.
Moving forward, some Saturday and evening work may be necessary to expedite the completion of construction activities. Please remember that this significant reconstruction/improvement project will offer greater long-term benefits to you and all others who travel this roadway regularly. The City sincerely appreciates your understanding and patience as construction along Fulton Road continues.
Construction Photos[new!] Here are some recent photos of work on the Fulton Road Widening Project
- A HAWK Signalized Crosswalk has been installed between Piner High School and Youth Community Park on Fulton Road, which stops vehicle traffic only when activated by a pedestrian. This is the third HAWK beacon crossing installed within the city limits. For more information on HAWK signalized crosswalks, please visit the city website.
- The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Quail Hollow Drive has been temporarily relocated to the eastbound lane of Piner Road, near the Fulton Road and Piner Road intersection. The Fulton Road northbound bus stop near Guerneville Road has been temporarily relocated just south of the Guerneville Road intersection. For general bus service information, please visit Santa Rosa CityBus.
Project Overview and Schedule
This project will widen, reconstruct, and rehabilitate one mile of Fulton Road between Guerneville Road and Piner Road, transforming it into an updated, four-lane regional/arterial street, as well as provide many other improvements. The project started in June 2022 and is expected to last for approximately 24 months (all schedules are subject to change depending on weather, unanticipated circumstances, and seasonal access restrictions to creek areas).
Work hours: 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. Monday thru Friday. With City approval, periodic work on nights (8:30 P.M. to 5:00 A.M.) or weekends may take place.
Additional project overview and overall schedule information is online at www.FultonRoadProject.com.
For information about the Fulton Road Improvements Project and ensure you are getting up-to-date project information, visit the Project web page at www.FultonRoadProject.com. Please share this information with your neighbors.
If you have questions or concerns about this project, send an email to info@FultonRoadProject.com or call the project information line at (707) 385-1239.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!